Here’s what we know so far about the upcoming Nike Infinity React 2
The Nike Infinity React 2 is the next iteration of one of the more hyped running sneaker releases from Nike almost a year ago. The original Infinity featured React foam, a sock-like upper and a mix of stability and lightness got a lot of runners excited.
Personally I was not a fan; after about 100 miles, I retired it because it seemed to put a ton of pressure on my calves and achilles tendons. It felt like I was running in sand, and my heel would slide around a lot in the shoe. I found the Nike React Miler to be a much better everyday training shoe.
Well, Nike is back with an update that appears like it might be directly addressing those issues with the Nike Infinity React 2.
At first glance, the Nike Infinity React 2 has some major updates. The upper looks a little more solid than the original’s thin Flyknit material. To counteract this, there appears to be some ventilation on the forefoot area. The laces also appear to be secured by some kind of Flywire setup. There’s now a tongue instead of the previous full booty knit that just wrapped around the ankle.
View this post on Instagram
The biggest change I can see to the Nike Infinity React 2 comes in the heel area, where a new padded collar should help lock the heel into the shoe and prevent the previous issue of sliding around too much, and reduce the chafing the heel.
React is in the name of the shoe, so it’s no surprise that full-length React foam returns. The shoe also appears to keep it’s width, in order to retain it’s purpose as a stability shoe.
The reactions online has been pretty positive so far. A few notables:
- “Looks like a solid update, but wondering how much weight they added.” -the_real_dad_runner on IG
- “About time! I just bought some and I was slipping all over the place, they had to go back 😔 looking forward to these 😁” -daleruns_ on IG
- “It looks even better than 1 version. Great news !!!” -wojtech10 on IG
- “The Nike Infinity React 2 looking like a big improvement from a lockdown perspective – can’t wait!” -dpl_runs on IG
- “Lockdown was perfect for me in version 1 but I can see why they have done this tweak. Not too bothered if additional weight as I use this shoe for easy miles where I want the pace to be very slow.” -marcusnye on IG
Nike Infinity React 2 Release Date
According to Nike, the official global release date for the Infinity React 2 is January 7th! Official image below:
What do you think about the shoe? Leave a comment!